Following the 7th Annual LANAP Study Club, several LANAP certified clinicians will speak at the American Academy of Periodontology’s 103rd Annual Meeting in Boston on September 9-12, 2017.
Benefits and treatment outcomes of the LANAP® protocol – the world’s first and only laser gum disease treatment FDA-cleared for True Periodontal Regeneration™ – are again hot topics of discussion at the 2017 AAP Meeting. Multiple presentations discuss the advantages of this treatment modality, from the indisputable foundation of applied laser physics to the emerging application of the LAPIP™ protocol for the tsunami of failing dental implants.
This independent selection of speakers by the AAP educational committee reflects the profound impact the LANAP and LAPIP™ protocols have in shaping the future of periodontology. The LANAP protocol remains the only laser gum diasease protocol supported with both science and results. These same principles are applied to the LAPIP protocol for peri-implantitis.
Saturday September 9, 2017
- Esteemed clinician I. Stephen Brown, DDS, FACD, FICD presents “The Future of Lasers in Periodontal Therapy: Science, Hype or Snake Oil?” on Saturday, September 9. The session details the science and evidence-based results achieved using the LANAP and LAPIP protocols. Marc Nevins, DMD also presents Saturday as part of the panel on “AAP/AAP Foundation/Osteology Foundation Symposium: Hard and Soft Tissue Regeneration for Teeth and Implants”
- Nick Caplanis, DMD, MS presents on insurance coding specific to soft tissue grafting around implants.
Sunday September 10, 2017
- Renowned educator Barry D. Wagenberg, DMD moderates “Saving Hopeless Teeth,” on Sunday, September 10th. AAP Master Clinician, Paul Rosen, DMD, MS, PC, participates in this panel discussion on the regenerative potential of teeth previously considered beyond hope.
- Dr. Wagenberg also presents “Immediate Implants, What You Need to Be Successful” on Sunday September 10th.
- Henry Greenwell, DMD, MSD, Professor at the University of Louisville School of Dentistry presents “Predictable Surgical Outcomes for Periodontal and Bone Regeneration: Flap Designs, Defect Management, and Wound Closure”.
- Gregory Toback, DMD, MS moderates the Sunday session of “Innovations in Periodontics”.
- Preston D. “PD” Miller, Jr presents during the Sunday afternoon panel of the masters “Evolution of Soft Tissue Grafting as Told by the Masters.”
Monday September 11, 2017
- Nick Caplanis, DMD, MS moderates “Treatment of Inflammatory Periodontal Diseases” on Monday morning while D. Ryan Clagett, DMD, MS moderates Monday mid-morning session on “Innovations in Periodontics”.
Tuesday September 12, 2017
- Allen S. Honigman, DMD, Certified Instructor for the Institute of Advanced Laser Dentistry, will participate in “The Use of Laser Therapy to Treat Inflammatory Diseases of the Periodontum for Teeth and Implants” on Tuesday, September 12th. Dr. Honigman will discuss the unique abilities of the PerioLase MVP-7 to treat periodontitis using the LANAP protocol and peri-implantitis using the LAPIP protocol; comparing and contrasting to other laser treatment options.
- Jeffrey Ganeles, DMD presents “Virtual Implant Surgery: The Next Frontier” on Tuesday Morning September 12th, while David Garber, DMD and Barry Levin, DMD present “The Socket/Shield/Root Membrane Technique for Alveolar Preservation.”
- Colin Richman, DMD presents “Future of Dental-Facial and Airway Management” Tuesday afternoon.
- Jeanne M. Salcetti, DDS, MS moderates daily sessions, include Tuesday’s “Art of Motivating Your Patients to Say ‘Yes’” presented by Jason C. Stoner, DDS, MS.
LANAP clinicians will also be speaking at this year’s Corporate Forum Symposium. Sessions are as follows:
- Raymond Yukna, DMD, MS, Professor of Advanced Periodontal Therapies at the University of Colorado, School of Dental Medicine and World renowned international lecturer on lasers presents “Regeneration a Reality with the LANAP Protocol.” This session discusses the principles of regeneration and the histological studies proving regeneration using specific laser operating parameter achieves regeneration of tissues lost to infectious disease.
- Jon B. Suzuki, DDS, PhD, MBA, Professor of Microbiology and Immunology (School of Medicine), Professor of Periodontology and Oral Implantology (School of Dentistry) at Temple University, and Chairman of the Food and Drug Administration Dental Products Panel will present “Implant Failures and Peri-Implantitis” highlighting the increasing problems faced using titanium for human implantology.
- Lawrence B. Gelb, DDS, FICD, Co-Publisher and Editor of The Wavelength.com “A Retrospective of Clinical Success with the LANAP Protocol Over the Last Five Years” addresses how change is a constant in dentistry. The LANAP protocol has ‘changed the game’ by showcasing success on multiple levels, from patients to practice growth.
- David Harris, PhD and Gary Schwarz, DDS, MSD Dr. Harris is Professor of Biological Sciences at California State University Chico and Adjunct Faculty at Rutgers School of Dental Medicine (Periodontics). He has authored or co-authored over 70 peer-reviewed journal articles in the medical and dental literature. Dr. Schwarz is a top implant surgeon and a recipient of Reader’s Digest‘s Oral Surgeon of the Year. This symposium series concludes with the “Successful Treatment of Peri-Implantitis with the LAPIP Protocol: A Retrospective Analysis.”
Symposium presentations will be held in Room 257AB of the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center.
One-third of active AAP members have made the LANAP protocol their laser treatment of choice. The powerful combination of science, histology and long-term results validated with the FDA clearance for True Periodontal Regeneration is unmatched by any other laser periodontitis treatment.